60+ years of combined experience with serious injury and third-party work injury cases
Los Angeles Work Injury Lawyer
Accidents in the workplace can lead to serious injuries – and even minor accidents can leave you with nagging ailments that can last for years. Fortunately, if your workplace conditions or negligent employers led to these injuries, you may be able to file a claim to secure compensation for your damages.
If you or a loved one was injured on the job, please contact Greenberg & Ruby, LLP today to discuss your case. We can advise you on the best way to secure compensation for your injuries, whether it’s through the worker’s compensation process or through another avenue.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Greenberg & Ruby, LLP, we’re committed to providing legal support in all types of workplace injury claims.
- We have combined 60 years of experience successfully advising clients in their workplace injury needs.
- Our attorneys are well-regarded by others in the industry. In fact, other attorneys often refer their most difficult cases to us because they trust us to deliver results.
- We are excellent communicators who strive to provide you with constant updates and honest evaluations of every step of your case.
- We operate on a contingency fee arrangement for your convenience. You pay no upfront costs, and you only pay legal fees if we win a case on your behalf.
WHAT IS A WORKPLACE INJURY?
An injury of any sort that occurs on a job site is a workplace injury. These sorts of injuries can be anything from repetitive movement injuries caused by unhealthy working conditions to full paralysis from spinal cord injuries resulting from unsafe working conditions, defective tools, or negligent safety standards and precautions.
HOW DO WORKPLACE INJURIES OCCUR?
Workplace injuries can occur due to a number of reasons. That includes:
- Slips and Falls
- Injuries as a result of an accident
- Accidents due to lack of proper working equipment
- Accidents from unsafe working conditions
- A disease or illness from unhealthy working conditions
- Injury or bodily harm as a result of workplace conditions
Any situation in which employees are overworked, fatigued, poorly trained or inattentive can cause a workplace injury.
- Some injuries are purely accidental, but most could have been prevented. Workplace injuries can occur from any employer or employee negligence that leads to dangerous conditions.
- Badly designed workstations can result in muscular imbalances and repetitive stress injuries.
- Slip, trip and falls can occur from broken steps, wet floors, improperly assembled scaffolding or from snow or ice. Motor vehicle accidents on construction sites cause countless injuries each year.
- Broken or improperly used machinery can cause extreme injuries like loss of limbs.
TYPES OF INJURIES FROM WORKPLACE ACCIDENTS
Those who are involved in these accidents can suffer from a large swath of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Paralysis from spinal cord injuries
- Hearing loss
- Loss of vision
- Broken bones
- Contusions and other minor scrapes and cuts
Additionally, those injured on the job may suffer profound psychological trauma, developing conditions such as:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Eating disorders
Workers who perform the same tasks repeatedly may fall victim to repetitive movement injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome, lower back pain, shoulder impingement and herniated or bulging spinal discs.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS FOR COMPENSATION?
Most claims are filed through workers compensation, but there are special instances in which an employee injured on the job may be able to sue for damages.
If an employee suffered a workplace injury from defective products or toxic substances, he or she may be able to file a claim against the manufacturers through a product liability or third party liability lawsuit.
An employee injured due to an employer’s grossly negligent conduct, such as a failure to comply with basic safety standards or the failure to hire employees who are properly trained may also be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against his or her employer.
HOW WE CAN HELP WITH WORKPLACE INJURY CLAIMS
At Greenberg & Ruby, LLP, we are very sympathetic to the significance of losing the ability to provide income and understand how stressful the accumulating medical costs can be when physically unable to work. As your work injury attorney, we’ll explore the different types of benefits you are justified to collect to recover compensation for your injury.
Our work injury attorneys will begin handling your case by assembling a team of dedicated professionals who will research every aspect of your claim, building a strong case against the company at fault. We handle the courtroom aspect of your injury claim, as well as the communication with the plaintiff’s law firm.
Insurance companies will require lengthy claims to be filled out and if these are not completed correctly and in a timely manner, it could seriously hinder the results of your case. We have the expertise to deal with employers and insurance companies on your behalf.
Ultimately, an attorney is there to provide the support and legal legwork necessary to successfully file your claim, while you can focus on healing and recovery.
CONTACT US TODAY
If you or loved one has been injured on the job, the attorneys and Greenberg & Ruby, LLP can help. Schedule a free consultation with us and see how we can help you secure compensation for your injuries today.