60+ years of combined experience with serious injury and third-party work injury cases
Los Angeles Truck Accident Lawyer
Due to their large size and weight, commercial trucks can be deadly if involved in an accident on the road. They can result not only in personal injury and death, but material damage to vehicles, roads and even private property.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a truck accident, please contact Greenberg & Ruby, LLP today to discuss your case. We provide exceptional representation to secure the maximum possible compensation necessary for your truck accident case.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Greenberg & Ruby, LLP, our attorneys have the experience and knowledge to assist everyone who has been injured in a truck accident.
- We have a combined experience of 60 years helping those who have been seriously injured in Los Angeles’ roads and freeways.
- We have a reputation for results, with more than $250 million recovered on behalf of our clients.
- We are aggressive negotiators who fully prepare your case as if it is going to trial. This allows us to be ready for anything that may come along during proceedings, and allow you to secure the maximum possible compensation.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis. There are no upfront legal expenses, and you only pay any incurred legal costs if we secure a favorable verdict or settlement on your behalf.
HOW DO TRUCK ACCIDENTS HAPPEN?
Truck accidents occur for a variety of reasons. Defective roadways, driver negligence and tire blowouts are common causes for all sorts of motor vehicle accidents, trucks included. Other causes of truck accidents may include overheated or faulty tractor trailer brakes, runaway trailers, truck company negligence, truck overloading leading to falling debris and collisions and due to the larger blank spots all trucks possess.
Truck accidents also occur due to driver negligence or recklessness. When any motor vehicle operator drives aggressively, tailgates, speeds, or drives carelessly they increase the potential for an accident. When a truck driver fails to maintain his vehicle, drives under the influence of alcohol, drugs or excessive fatigue, the likelihood of a serious and fatal accident increases far beyond the parameters of a normal collision between two passenger vehicles.
Truck accidents may also be caused by inadequate lighting or reflectors on the truck when driving at night. This increases the chance of truck under-ride accidents because other drivers may not identify the truck.
TYPES OF TRUCK ACCIDENTS WE HANDLE
At Greenberg & Ruby, LLP, we are uniquely equipped to handle all types of truck accidents. This includes:
- Failure to Stop. Many truck collisions occur when car or truck drivers misjudge the stopping distance required to avoid impact.
- Faulty Tires. This can include tire blow-outs and tires with irregular wear and tear, which can drastically affect the handling and stopping ability of trucks.
- “No Zone” Accidents. These are accidents involving blind spots. The larger the truck, the larger its blind spots. Truck drivers are unable to see portions of the back and the front of their trucks, and these areas are known as no-zone areas.
- Under-ride and Over-ride Collisions. These occur when either a small vehicle rides under the truck, or a large truck rides over smaller vehicles or pedestrians. Both types of accidents are extremely devastating and normally cause the passengers of the smaller vehicle fatal or permanently disabling injuries.
- Swinging Turns. Also known as squeeze play, these are accidents that occur on wide turns. Drivers often swing in the opposite direction to complete a wide turn. When the truck swings it may squeeze the car beside it into the curb or another vehicle because of the truck’s large blind spots.
- Jack-Knife and Rollover Accidents. Tractor-trailers have three sets of brakes: trailer axle brakes, drive axle brakes and steering axle breaks. If the steering axle brake locks up, then the truck will continue moving straight ahead without the ability to steer. When the drive axle brake locks, the truck will jack-knife. Rollover truck accidents can occur at speeds as little as 5 miles per hour simply because a big rig’s center of gravity is so much higher than a car.
- Brake Failure. This can be caused by improper installation or lack of maintenance of aged brakes. Improper loading, overuse or sudden stopping at high speeds can cause truck’s brakes to overheat and fail. The larger the truck, the more likely the brakes may overheat.
WHY DO YOU NEED A LAWYER?
In most truck accidents, it is highly recommended to consult an experienced attorney before filing any claims. Many truck accidents are often serious matters involving severe injuries and a large amount of property damage. Because of these exorbitant expenses, many insurance companies will often offer a quick settlement in the hopes of reducing any impact to their profits. However, this is often an offer that is far lower than what you may be entitled to – and what you require in order to recoup your medical and property expenses. An attorney can help negotiate through this matter and ensure any offers you receive are not low-ball offers.
Additionally, many truck accidents may involve more than one party, and liability can be difficult to determine. Although the truck driver may be found liable for the accident, it may be argued that the trucking company responsible for hiring the driver may also be found liable for their negligence as well. An attorney can help fully determine who is liable for your injuries, and pursue any and all accountable parties for compensation.
Ultimately, a lawyer is there to act in your best interests while everybody else is attempting to protect theirs.
CONTACT US TODAY
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a truck accident, please contact us immediately to start working on your case. We understand the life-altering impact a truck accident can have, and we want to help you secure the compensation you deserve in this time of need. Schedule a free initial consultation with us today, and see how we can help.